MCLEAN, Va. – Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. (“Hilton” or the “Company”) (NYSE: HLT) today reported its first quarter 2021 results. The following results reflect the material impact that the novel coronavirus (“COVID-19”) pandemic has had on Hilton’s business. Highlights include:
- Diluted EPS was $(0.39) for the first quarter, and diluted EPS, adjusted for special items, was $0.02
- Net loss was $109 million for the first quarter
- Adjusted EBITDA was $198 million for the first quarter
- System-wide comparable RevPAR decreased 38.4 percent on a currency neutral basis for the first quarter from the same period in 2020
- Approved 21,900 new rooms for development during the first quarter, bringing Hilton’s development pipeline to 399,000 rooms as of March 31, 2021
- Added 16,500 rooms to Hilton’s system in the first quarter, contributing to 13,100 net additional rooms during the period and approximately 5.8 percent annualized net unit growth from March 31, 2020
- As of April 28, 2021, 97 percent of Hilton’s system-wide hotels were open
- In March 2021, repaid $250 million of the outstanding debt balance under the Revolving Credit Facility, for a total of $500 million repaid in the first quarter
Click here to view the full release.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,400 properties and more than one million rooms, in 119 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2020 World”s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2020 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 112 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can”t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including contactless check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.